We thank everyone who applied to serve on the 2017-18 COA Board of Directors for Fiscal Year 2017-18. We filled the following seats: Dietitian, Health Service Officer, Field Officer (outside of DC), Nurse, Physician, and Retired Officer. The Retired Officer members of the COA Board of Directors also serve as appointed Trustees of the PHS Commissioned Officers Foundation (COF) for the Advancement of Public Health.
Candidates may be nominated by others or self-nominate. Submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination shall include the following and must be limited to one page (10 pt font, no attachments):
• Name/Rank/(Active Duty, Retired or Inactive Reserve) *
• Board Position for which nomination submitted (e.g. Dietitian, Field Rep., Retired)
• Daytime Phone
• E-mail Address
• Current PHS position (or Retired/Inactive Reserve) and location *
• Previous PHS positions *
• Related Professional Activities *
• PHS Awards/Honors Received *
• COA Offices Held or Membership on Board Committees (include dates)
• Position Statement (not to exceed 200 words) *
• Statement of understanding and willingness to abide by Board Participation Guidelines
Those items with an “*” next to them will be included in FRONTLINE for consideration by the general membership. The nominee should submit his/her nomination form by attaching to an email.
Click here for Board Participation Guidelines and the Nomination Form