The COA Board of Directors recognizes exceptional accomplishments of a COA Branch at each annual Meeting of the Assembly. Any Branch not recognized at the most recent meeting is eligible for consideration. The Board may elect not to make an award in any given year.
2017 Call for Nominations
Click here for the full call for nominations. Nominations are due by January 31, 2017. Submit via email to CAPT Brian Lewis, chair, COA Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
In making its decision, the Board considers the following factors:
- Percentage of officers in the local area who are COA members
- Frequency of Branch meetings
- Degree of participation and scope of topics presented at general meetings of the Branch
- Positive and/or negative feedback on Branch activities received by the national COA office
- Responsiveness of Branch officers members to requests for information, administrative documentation, proxy selection, etc. as requested by the national COA office
Aurora Borealis (AK)
2016 Large Local Branch of the Year
CAPT Craig Wilkins and CDR Josef Rivero pose with the Aurora Borealis Branch of COA.
2016 Small Local Branch of the Year
Africa Branch members receive their award from CAPT Craig Wilkins and CDR Josef Rivero in Oklahoma City, OK.
2015 Large Local Branch of the Year
Representatives from the Atlanta COA accept the award at the COA Awards Luncheon in Atlanta, GA.
2015 Small Local Branch of the Year
CAPT Sara Newman and CDR Josef Rivero present the award to LT Angelica Chica and CDR Luis Rodriguez of the South Florida COA Local Branch.
2014 COA Local Branch of the Year
CDR Jonathan Rash presents the award to CDR Marilyn Ridenour of the West Virginia Branch of COA.