2019 USPHS Symposium
Join us at the Minneapolis Convention Center on May 6-9, 2019. The theme is "Better Health through Better Partnerships."
The Symposium is sponsored by the PHS Commissioned Officers Foundation for the Advancement of Public Health. For the agenda and to register, visit https://www.phscof.org.
There are numerous opportunities for organizations and companies to sponsor the USPHS Symposium.
Selection Criteria for Hosting a USPHS Symposium
Some Local Branches of COA are interested in hosting a USPHS Symposium in a nearby city or region. The only action a Local Branch could take is to notify us and request that we solicit proposals from the local convention and visitors bureau. The selection criteria listed below are really out of your control. These criteria are used by the Board of Trustees of the PHS Commissioned Officers Foundation for the Advancement of Public Health when selecting a venue.
- Availability of venue for desired dates
- Cost of venue and food/beverage minimum
- Government per diem rate
- Ease of travelling to host city
- Rotation of hosting USPHS Symposium throughout the country
- History of hosting at venues
- Local presence of PHS officers
- Proximity of venue to restaurants
We want to hear from COA members. Please send your suggestions for the USPHS Symposium. Thanks!